I know that people who don’t eat meat find it more difficult to stick with a low-carb, keto diet. If you want to learn more, I have discussed vegetarian and vegan keto diets in this post.
- 2 medium large flat mushrooms such as Portobello (150 g / 5.3 oz)
- 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil (you can make your own)
- 1-2 tbsp freshly chopped basil or 1 tsp dried
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped oregano or ½ tsp dried
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp salt or more to taste (I like pink Himalayan)
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 keto buns (recipe for my Ultimate Keto Buns is here)
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise – you can make your own
- 2 large eggs, free-range or organic
- 2 slices hard cheese such as cheddar or gouda (40 g / 1.4 oz)
- 1 cup mixed lettuce
- Ultimate Keto Buns.