Traditional Thai Curry
- 500 grams Boneless Pork Shoulder
- 400 ml Coconut Cream Try this one
- 200 grams Eggplant
- 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce Try this
- 2 Tsp Erythritol or Keto Sweetener Buy Online
- 2 Tbsp HK's Keto Thai Red Curry Paste Get the recipe here
- 20 grams Thai Basil Leaves
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- Start by chopping the pork into strips or small pieces so that they cook quicker and are easier to eat as well.
- Cut the eggplant into cubes and lightly salt and leave for 10 minutes to remove any bitterness. After 10 minutes pat dry with a paper towel.
- Heat your wok on the stove and add in about 60-80 of your coconut cream and cook till the oils start to separate from the cream.
- Then add in the curry paste and stir well. Cook for about 1-2 minutes before adding in the stevia and the fish sauce.
- After 2 minutes of cooking add in your pork and cook for about 4-5 minutes on a high heat till the pork starts to get some colour.
- Pour in the rest of the coconut cream. Don't forget to rinse out the can with some water and waste nothing. Make sure all the meat is submerged. You can add some water if needed. Cover with a lid and cook for 10-15 minutes till the meat is tender.
- Once the meat is cooked then add in the eggplant and cook for a further 5 minutes till that is tender as well.
- Add in 5-6 kafir lime leaves, make sure you tear them before adding to release all their aroma. Also add in 2-3 fresh red Thai chillies. Chop them up for more heat or leave them whole if you don't want it spicy.
- Cook for a final 2 minutes till all the flavours are well infused and finish with the fresh Thai basil.
- Serve with some cauliflower rice.