Vegetables, cheese, and meat. Yum.
- 1 cup Zuccini Squash
- 1 cup, sliced Summer Squash
- 454 grams Italian Sausage, pork
- 7 oz Cheese, Parmesan-Bel Gioioso (by YOURJONES)
- 1 cup Spinach, Baby (Simple Truth Organic)
- 7 oz Mozzarella Cheese, part skim milk
- Cook the sausage on the stove until it is brown throughout.
- Thinly slice 1 zucchini and 1 summer squash. Layer the slices in a 13×9 pan.
- Pour the cooked sausage over the zucchini/squash layer.
- Cover the sausage layer with baby spinach leaves.
- Cover the spinach with shredded Parmesan cheese.
- Cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes, until Parmesan is melted.
- Take out the pan. Add another layer of spinach leaves, then a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Put back in the oven at 350 for 7 minutes to melt the mozzarella.
- Serving Size: Makes 8 servings