Low carb taste of Maryland
- 16 oz CRAB MEAT lump (by TTENACITY_75)
- 1 large Egg, fresh, whole, raw
- 6 tbsp Bob's Red Mill Coconut Flour (by BABYHUNT)
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise, regular (mayo)
- 1 tsp Guldens Spicy Brown Mustard
- .25 tsp Tabasco Sauce
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt (Evolution Salt Co) (by TAMMAGDALENO)
- 1 tsp Pepper, black
- 4 tbsp Butter, unsalted
- Put crab meat in a colander to let out any excess water (we patted ours dry) and set aside.
- Combine mayo, mustard, Tabasco sauce, egg, salt and pepper. Fold in the crab meat until fully coated.
- Slowly add in flour while mixing by hand.
- Form six uniform patties from the mixture.
- Heat a skillet to medium-low and add 2 tbsp of butter ( we used 2 tbsp for three patties – feel free to use less if desired).Place as many patties as can comfortably fit in the pan (remember you want to be able to flip them!)
- Flip after about 10-12 minutes (the side facing down should be browned).
- Serving Size: Makes 6 crab cakes