Try this delicious low carb, keto friendly gratin of cauliflower with your next dinner. Rich cheese sauce on tender cauliflower topped with crispy bits makes an excellent low carb side.
- 1 head, medium (5-6″ dia) Cauliflower, raw
- 0.25 cup, fluid (yields 2 cups whipped) Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 tsp Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter Unsalted
- 0.1 cup (8 fl oz) Water, tap
- 2 oz Cream Cheese
- 50 gram(s) Cheese, Frigo Shredded Parmesan Cheese (1/4 cup)
- 0.5 serving Pork Rinds(Pork Skins)(1/2 oz)
- Cut up your head of cauliflower into bite size chunks. These don't have to be too small, 1-2 inch pieces. Place the cauliflower in boiling salted water for 5-7 minutes while you prepare the cheese sauce. Once fork tender, drain in a colander so that all water is removed. For the sauce, in a small saucepan melt the butter and add the heavy cream and water. Allow to boil on medium low heat for 1-2 minutes before adding the cream cheese. Incorporate the cream cheese with a whisk as it melts into the sauce. Add 1-2 tablespoons more water if the sauce becomes too thick. After the cream cheese is incorporated and the sauce is smooth add salt pepper and any other seasonings you may enjoy. Turn off the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese in a figure 8 motion so that the cheese mixes in well. Place drained cauliflower into a buttered or sprayed baking dish and pour the sauce over top. Place into 375 degree oven for 20 minutes until bubbly. Optional: Sprinkle 1/4 Cup crushed Pork Rinds on top Optional: Broil for a few minutes at the end of baking until the top is rich golden brown.
- Serving Size: Makes 6- 1/2 Cup servings