Chewy spicy cookies, perfect with a pot of tea or a glass of milk.
- 3 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup molasses
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Additional granulated sugar to top cookies
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Put flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and kosher salt into large bowl and stir with wire whisk to combine.
- Beat butter until soft, add brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- When the butter/sugar mixture is combined, add eggs and grated fresh ginger and beat until mixture is fluffy.
- Beat in molasses, honey and lime juice and gradually add flour mixture and mix until flour is incorporated.
- Chill dough in freezer for 30 minutes, until it is stiff enough to be formed into ¾ inch balls.
- Roll balls into granulated sugar, bake for 10 minutes on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Transfer cookies to cooling rack.