This is my sister’s recipe for her wedding favor. You can make them anytime, but they do make the house smell like fall and winter in a wonderful cozy way. She baked them in double batches (the recipe doubles up really easily) and then froze them for the big day. They are super easy to make, but just keep in mind to roll them in the size that she states. Any bigger and they become rather fragile and break. Otherwise the cookie and dough is super forgiving.
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 12 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar plus more for rolling the cookies
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses (not blackstrap)
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or Silpat liners. In large mixing bowl, combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves). Stir vigorously with a whisk to blend together.