Garlic Herb Bread When buttering the bread, gently spread the slices without pulling them apart.
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 large cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 loaf French bread, about 12 inches long
- 1. Combine the butter, garlic, and parsley in a small bowl.
- 2. Shortly before serving, preheat the oven to 350°F. Cut the bread into 1-inch slices without cutting all the way through. Spread the butter into each slice. Wrap the bread in aluminum foil, gathering it loosely over the top.
- 3. Heat bread in the oven for about 20 minutes for the butter to melt. Serve in a basket, wrapped in a napkin.