The most bread-like breading!
- -1/2 cup of finely ground pork rinds
- -1/2 cup of parmesan cheese
- -salt/pepper/cayenne/garlic powder… your favorite seasonings
- -1 egg
- -1 tbsp heavy cream
- -3 frozen vacuum sealed tilapia fillets
- -A few tbsp of oil
- Thaw the fish by letting the still vacuumed fillets sit in a bowl of hot water for a few minutes.
- Use a food processor or mortar and pestle to finely ground the pork rinds into a powder. (If the pieces are too big they wont stick to the fish.)
- In one bowl, thoroughly mix the pork rind powder with the parmesan and whatever spices you've chosen.
- In a second bowl, whisk the egg and heavy cream.
- Cut the thawed fish into nuggets (about 1 inch squares.) The smaller you do it the faster it will cook and the less chance of the “breading” being burnt.
- Heat a skillet to medium-high heat, then add enough oil to coat the entire surface to a depth of 1/4 inch.
- Thoroughly coat the fish in the egg mixture on all sides, then thoroughly coat it in the pork rind/cheese mixture and toss it in the oil.
- Fry until its golden brown, (about 2-3 minutes) flipping half way through.
- Serving Size:Makes 25-30 nuggets.