Crisp Butter Cookies. In a large bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg whites and vanilla. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Repeat with the second disk of dough. Gather, chill and reroll the scraps, cutting out more. You'll need to keep an eye on them to make sure they're properly baked but not overdone either – it's a delicate balance but it will be second nature once you've made them a few times! You can cook Crisp Butter Cookies using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crisp Butter Cookies
- You need 1/2 cup of Butter.
- You need 1 cup of Sugar.
- You need 5 of Egg yolks.
- You need 2 cup of All-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 of as needed Colored Sugar.
Crisp Butter Cookies (Refrigerator Cookies) Recipe by byZula. Buttery and crispy just like the name suggests! Since these are refrigerator cookies, this is a very handy recipe. Butter Cookies Yerbabuena en la Cocina.
Crisp Butter Cookies instructions
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Blend in egg yolks. Add flour, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Dough will be very stiff..
- On a well-floured surface or pastry cloth, roll out dough to a 1/8 in. thickness. Using a pastry wheel or knife, cut into 2 1/2 in. squares, diamonds, or rectangles. Place 1/2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugars..
- Bake at 375* for 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned..
Peanut Butter Cookies Are A Classic. In the cookie wars I really can't give you my favorite but I can tell you that perfect old fashioned peanut butter cookies, crispy around the edges and chewy in the middle, is at the top of my cookie list!. There is something about the sweet, saltiness of a peanut butter cookie that is addictive. Fat: Butter has a low melting temperature. This allows a cookie to spread much more during baking than other solid fats, such as shortening.