Tuna Casserole. Tuna casserole is a family favorite, and great for serving large groups. In this tuna casserole recipe from Martha Stewart, we cut the sauce with chicken broth, but there's still enough milk to make this tuna casserole feel indulgent. Cook egg noodles to al dente in boiling salted water; drain well.
It's been a family favorite for generations! Flaky tuna is tossed with egg noodles, peas, celery, and mushroom soup. We top this with a buttery breadcrumb topping and bake it until it's bubbly. You can have Tuna Casserole using 6 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tuna Casserole
- Prepare 1 lb of box or bag pasta I use no yolks egg noodles.
- You need 2 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 3/4 cup of milk.
- You need 8 oz of bag shredded swiss cheese.
- It’s 1 box of French fried onions.
- Prepare 2 of 5oz cans solid white tuna in water drained.
I also topped the casserole with a delicious crunchy topping made with Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, smoked paprika (<- quickly becoming my favorite pantry staple), fresh parsley, and, of course, a little butter for flavor and browning. Tuna noodle is at heart an easy, thrifty casserole, with a base of tender egg noodles, savory gravy, sweet peas, and delicate flakes of tuna (bonus points if it has a crispy, cheesy top). This one doesn't require a can of condensed soup or an advanced culinary degree — it hits all the high points of the classic casserole while still being. In a large bowl, combine soup and milk until smooth.
Tuna Casserole step by step
- Pre-heat oven to 350 spray 9×13 baking dish with pam set aside, boil pasta do not over boil as it will cook more in the oven. Drain and rinse add back to pot, add soup drained tuna about half of the french fried onions the milk and season with lawerys season salt and pepper to taste mix well and pour half into baking dish sprinkle with half of swiss cheese pour remaining mixture and top with rest of cheese bake for 35 minutes remove and add french fried onions on top bake 5 more minutes serve with some fresh green beans salad and rolls!.
Add the noodles, peas, tuna and pimientos; mix well. This tuna noodle casserole is leaps and bounds tastier than any old memories you have of tuna casserole. Rather than a canned "cream of soup" we make a really simple white sauce from scratch with just flour, butter, chicken broth and milk. Peas, celery and onion are sautéed to give the tuna casserole a boost of flavor as well. Originally, this casserole dish was made with non-perishable pantry ingredients as a cheap, wholesome dinner that doesn't require a trip to the store.