Gooey Butter Cookies. Beat butter, cream cheese and granulated sugar until blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, milk powder and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Using Betty Crocker™ Super Moist™ yellow cake mix, these gooey butter cookies can be melting in your mouth in under an hour.
Doing cookie trials for upcoming holiday cookie exchange party next weekend! My son and I are getting ready to make the Gooey Butter Cookies and the Chocolate Gooey Cookies, except we are going to put little mini Reese Cups in them. Just waiting for the cream cheese and butter to come to room temp. You can cook Gooey Butter Cookies using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Gooey Butter Cookies
- You need 1 box of Yellow Butter Cake Mix.
- It’s 1 large of Egg.
- It’s 8 oz of Cream Cheese, softened.
- It’s 1 stick of Butter, softened.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Vanilla.
- You need 1 cup of Powdered Sugar, approximately.
And the traditional Gooey Butter Cookie recipe calls for the use of cake mix. However, I decided that they needed to be made from scratch. Because I don't always have cake mix in my pantry…but the basic staples of butter, sugar, flour, cream cheese are always in my kitchen. Quick and easy gooey butter cookies recipe, homemade with simple ingredients.
Gooey Butter Cookies instructions
- Combine all ingredients except the powdered sugar with a mixer until well combined..
- Chill dough at least two hours or overnight..
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Roll dough into small balls, approximately two teaspoons in size..
- Roll dough balls in powder sugar and place on cookie sheet two inches apart..
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges start to lightly brown..
- Remove cookies to cool and enjoy!.
- Makes approximately four dozen cookies..
Starts off with yellow cake mix. Soft and chewy on the inside, crispy and crunchy on the outside with a rich butter flavor. One of the best classic Christmas cookies ever! I just love using cake mixes to make various classic cookies, just like these Gingerbread Cookies and these Chocolate Crinkle Cookies. Gooey Butter Cookies; Gooey Butter Cookies.