Yummy tuna casserole. Dinner Ideas You'll Love To Serve From Classico's Pasta Recipes. AFTER READING THE REVIEWS ABOUT THE CASSEROLE BEING DRY AND BLAND, I MADE SOME ADJUSTMENTS.. Tuna casseroles are easy on the budget and always comforting.
Can't have tuna casserole without tuna! Cheddar Cheese – gives the casserole a sharp flavor that balances out the richness of the "soup". Panko and Parmesan Cheese – adds a wonderfully crispy texture and salty flavor. You can cook Yummy tuna casserole using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Yummy tuna casserole
- It’s 2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 1 can of sweet peas, drained.
- You need 1 can of cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 can of chunk light tuna in water, drained.
- Prepare 1 can of small can mushrooms, drained (optional).
- It’s 1 of pac swanson vegetable flavor boost.
- Prepare 2 of soup cans of milk.
- It’s 1 packages of med or large egg noodles.
- It’s 1 cup of grated cheese (your preference) I used triple chedder.
- You need 1 cup of panko bread crumbs.
I loved tuna casserole as a kid and found myself craving it as an adult. However, the massive amounts of fat and salt in the traditional recipe were a turnoff healthwise, and it just didn't taste as good as I remembered. I reconfigured the recipe to include more vegetables and the result was delicious. Creamy and Delicious Tuna Noodle Casserole.
Yummy tuna casserole instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bring one med/large pot of water to boil add salt and stir..
- Add noodles to boiling water and set a timer for 6mins.
- While noodles are boiling, in a separate skillet over med heat add butter and onion, saute onion until translucent. Add all other ingredients, excluding the grated cheese and bread crumbs and simmer all other ingredients for approximately 5mins..
- Remove noodles from stove and drain. Do NOT rinse noodles. Place noodles evenly over the bottom of a large baking dish. Pour skillet ingredients evenly over noodles. Mix the last 2 ingredients in a bowl and sprinkle evenly over top of casserole and bake for 35 mins at 375° or until casserole topping is golden brown..
- After its finished casserole is taken out of the oven let stand for 20 mins before serving.
This is a tuna noodle casserole recipe that is a favorite for my family. I just kind of threw it all together one evening and we loved the combination. It is really creamy and makes a nice sized batch. This goes great with garlic cheddar biscuits or buttered bread. Easy Creamy Tuna Noodle Casserole, one of the most delicious casseroles you will eat.