Tuna Noodle Casserole. Simple ingredients, great flavors to please everybody and an unforgettable taste. Explore one of our recipes to try tonight! Families are sure to love the creamy texture and comforting taste of this traditional tuna casserole that goes together in a jiffy.
Add the noodles, peas, tuna and pimientos; mix well. The flavor seems to come primarily from fat and salt. This Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole is a comforting and reliable classic dish perfect for a busy weeknight and budget friendly! You can cook Tuna Noodle Casserole using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Prepare of tuna.
- It’s 3 cup of dry pasta ( I used tri colored vegetable pasta – Fusilli).
- You need 1 can of tuna.
- Prepare 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of onion power or 2 tbsp dehydrated onion.
- Prepare 1 cup of vegetable of your choice (frozen).
- It’s 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of crushed potato chips, plain.
To reduce the fat and sodium content, use low fat, low sodium soup. Mix the cream of chicken, mayonnaise and milk together in a large bowl. Add the diced celery and onion. Fold in the tuna, followed by the cooked egg noodles and shredded cheddar cheese.
Tuna Noodle Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F Fahrenheit. Cook pasta as per package directions and drain..
- Lightly spray an 8 x 8 pan. Mix pasta, soup, tuna and onion powder OR dehydrated onion together..
- Take the 1 cup frozen vegetables and run them under water until thawed out then drain. Add them to the pasta and mix well. (I used mixed veggies.).
- Put pasta into 8 x 8 pan and top with crushed potato chips and parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes..
Tuna casserole, the quintessential American dish. Made with canned tuna, mushrooms, peas and noodles in a creamy sauce (and no canned soup) finished with toasted breadcrumbs – so good! Tuna noodle is at heart an easy, thrifty casserole, with a base of tender egg noodles, savory gravy, sweet peas, and delicate flakes of tuna (bonus points if it has a crispy, cheesy top). This one doesn't require a can of condensed soup or an advanced culinary degree — it hits all the high points of the classic casserole while still being. When making tuna noodle casserole, egg noodles are the classic choice.