Butter Cookies. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and white sugar until light and fluffy.
It had to be buttery, a little crumbly (like shortbread), and not too sweet. I think these are the Worlds Best Butter Cookie, courtesy of Chef Alice Medrich. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt. You can have Butter Cookies using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butter Cookies
- You need 125 grams of Butter, softened.
- It’s 75 grams of Caster sugar.
- Prepare 110 grams of plain flour.
- You need 35 grams of corn flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of vanilla essence.
In a medium bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter and sugar until light. I love these cookies because they keep well longer than most cookies, they're perfect for gifting and they're such a pretty cookie. They have a rich buttery flavor and a satisfying crisp tender texture, and anytime a chocolate dip is involved no one can turn them away. I made the ice box version because it's so quick.
Butter Cookies step by step
- Preheat oven at 150°C for 10 minutes..
- Mix together plain flour, corn flour and sift it. Keep aside..
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla essence in a bowl with electric mixer until light and fluffy..
- Stir in combined sifted flours in two batches. Then make small balls and place about 3 cm apart on baking paper lined oven trays..
- Bake about 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown..
- Stand cookies on trays for 5 minutes before lifting onto wire rack to cool..
- Store in airtight container..
- NOTE – If the dough is too soft, refrigerate it about 5 minutes..
Used colored sugar to make them pretty. I really need to find an easy to use cookie press because I'd love to make the spritz version. I love to bake cookies and these are just rocking butter cookies. You cannot go wrong with this cookie batter recipe. Prepare cookies as directed above omitting frosting.