Butter cookies – ghraybeh. In a large bowl, mix together butter, sugar and vanilla. Add in flour and mix until mixture forms a dough. Ghrybeh (غريبة) is a Middle Eastern cookie made from flour, butter and sugar.
Every single Lebanese and Middle Eastern cookbook I own includes a simple recipe for ghraybeh. Ghraybeh, or sometimes you can find it written as Ghorayeba, is a Middle Eastern Cookie. These cookies melt in your mouth, with fine-texture, delicate, and delicious. You can have Butter cookies – ghraybeh using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Butter cookies – ghraybeh
- Prepare 4 cups of flour.
- You need 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- Prepare 2 cups of butter, at room temperature.
- You need 40 of pistachios.
With only three ingredients, Ghraybeh is the easiest, egg-free cookie that will impress your family and guests. Beat butter, sugar, and orange blossom water thoroughly with a mixer. Add flour gradually and mix well. Form small cookies into an S shape, with each cookie being about a couple inches in size, give or take.
Butter cookies – ghraybeh step by step
- Mix the powdered sugar and butter with an electric blender until it turns into a whitish paste. Move the mixture to a bowl..
- Add in the flour and mix with your hands until you get a smooth dough. Knead slightly. Put the dough in the refrigerator for 1 hr..
- Remove dough from refrigerator and divide it into walnut-sized balls. Roll each ball into a finger-like shape and close the ends together forming a ring..
- Decorate each cookie with a pistachio..
- Arrange the cookies on a slightly greased baking tray leaving at least 1 cm between each cookie..
- Bake in the oven at a low temperature for 20 min until they become slightly blushed..
- Let the cookies cool before serving..
Press a blanched almond in the center of each S cookie. Line two baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Use an electric mixer to beat the butter, icing sugar and orange flower water until pale and creamy. Cook the butter in saucepan on medium-low until the butter is a golden color. Pour the powdered sugar into a large bowl and add the butter.