No Soup Tuna Noodle Casserole. But most recipes include canned cream soup, which not everyone has in their pantry, or prefers to use. This tuna noodle casserole is made without canned soup and instead features a flavorful homemade sauce of butter, flour milk, and mayonnaise. Cook egg noodles in a large pot of salted boiling water until almost tender; drain, rinse briefly under cold water, and return to pot off the heat.
I topped it with bread crumbs. I didn't have any peas to add and this was still delicious! Return noodles to the cooking pot with well-drained tuna, frozen peas (I place them in a bowl of water then drain them to thaw some), sour cream, ricotta, salt, and pepper. You can have No Soup Tuna Noodle Casserole using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of No Soup Tuna Noodle Casserole
- You need 1/2 cup of Butter Divided.
- It’s 1 packages of Medium Egg Noodles.
- You need 1/2 of unit Medium onion Chopped.
- You need 1 stalk of celery chopped.
- It’s 1 clove of Garlic chopped.
- It’s 8 oz of Button Mushrooms Chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Flour.
- It’s 2 cup of Milk.
- You need 1 of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Pepper.
- You need 2 can of 6 Ounce cans of Tuna drained chopped.
- It’s 1 cup of Frozen Peas thawed.
- You need 1 cup of Frozen Corn Thawed.
- You need 3 tbsp of Breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 cup of Chedder Cheese.
Mix bread crumbs, parmesan and melted butter; sprinkle over casserole. The Best Tuna Noodle Casserole Without Cream Of Mushroom Soup Recipes on Yummly Tuna Noodle Casserole, Tuna Noodle Casserole, Tuna Noodle Casserole. Sign Up / Log In My Feed Articles Meal Planner New Pantry-Ready Recipes New Browse Yummly Pro Guided Recipes New Smart Thermometer.
No Soup Tuna Noodle Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add egg noodles cook for 8-10 minutes, until al'dente, and drain..
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet over medium heat..
- Stir in onion,celery,garlic,mushrooms and cook until all are tender..
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in a medium saucepan and wisk in flour until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk and continue cooking 5 minutes until sauce is smooth and slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper..
- Stir in tuna,peas,corn,mushrooms..
- Grease a glass baking dish.
- Place drained noodles into baking dish and mix in mushroom mixture. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a small bowl and combine with bread crumbs. Sprinkle over top casserole and top with cheese..
- Bake 25 minutes in preheated oven. Or until bubbly and lightly browned. Plate and enjoy!.
This easy classic tuna noodle casserole from scratch has ZERO processed ingredients! It's made healthier by using no canned soups, whole wheat pasta, and less fat than other old fashioned tuna casseroles. Plus, you can make it ahead- it's freezable! I updated a traditional tuna casserole using fresh asparagus and asparagus soup. This is so different and so delicious.