Tuna Hotdish. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine the soup, sour cream and milk. Stir in the noodles, tuna, cheese, onion, pimientos and olives.
While noodles are cooking, melt butter in small sauce pan on medium heat. Originally, this casserole dish was made with non-perishable pantry ingredients as a cheap, wholesome dinner that doesn't require a trip to the store. Does tuna noodle casserole freeze well? You can cook Tuna Hotdish using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tuna Hotdish
- Prepare 2 can of chunk light tuna (drained).
- You need 2 can of cream of chicken soup.
- You need 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/2 of small onion (chopped).
- It’s 1/2 of bell pepper (chopped).
- You need of salt.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of jalapeño (diced).
- Prepare 6 cup of egg noodles.
- You need of topping.
- It’s 3 cup of cubed bread.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded chedder cheese.
- You need 4 tbsp of melted butter.
An unbaked tuna noodle casserole freezes very well, so consider doubling this recipe and saving the second for another time. Bring it up to room temp before putting it in the oven. Tuna casserole is a family favorite, and great for serving large groups. In this tuna casserole recipe from Martha Stewart, we cut the sauce with chicken broth, but there's still enough milk to make this tuna casserole feel indulgent.
Tuna Hotdish instructions
- Boil your egg noodles or whatever noodles you prefer. I use a mix typically..
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Mix together your tuna (remember to drain it first!), cream of chicken, milk, sour cream, chopped onion and bell pepper, salt, pepper, diced jalapeño and cooked egg noodles in a large bowl..
- Add the noodle mixture to a 9×13 pan.
- Bake the hotdish at 350°F for 15 minutes..
- While the hotdish is in the oven mix together in a smaller bowl your cubed bread (just break small dime sized chunks off a few pieces of bread), cheese, and melted butter. Note: I don't measure the bread crumbs, I just make as many as I feel like having on top, you may find you like more or less..
- After the hotdish has been in the oven for 15 mins, put the topping on top of the hotdish and return to oven until golden brown or about 15 more minutes..
Campbell's® Tuna Noodle Casserole Campbell's® Tuna Noodle Casserole. An easy meal for those busy nights. You could even add some shredded cheese if you like or change the soups. Feel free to change things up with different pasta shapes, a combination of cheeses, or alternative toppings. Tuna Casserole is right up there with meatloaf and scalloped potatoes when it comes to comfort food.