Twisted Pumpkin Cream cheese Bread. Pumpkin Rugelach with Cream Cheese Icing. This pumpkin rugelach recipe with a rich cream cheese icing is my twist on this classic pastry. The dough can be made ahead and refrigerated, which makes the recipe ideal for the busy holiday season. —Justine Duffy, Wooster, Ohio Make the cream cheese filling, by mixing the remaining yogurt with the cream cheese, vanilla, and egg, until well combined.
In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until combined. Place the cream cheese in a gallon size zip-top bag. Snip a small opening off of the corner of the bag. You can cook Twisted Pumpkin Cream cheese Bread using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Twisted Pumpkin Cream cheese Bread
- Prepare 1 packages of seamless cresent dough sheet.
- It’s 4 oz of pumpkin cream cheese.
- Prepare 1 of pumpkin pie spice.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon.
- You need 1 of powdered sugar.
For the cream cheese middle: In a medium bowl using an electric mixer combine the cream cheese, sugar, flour, egg and the vanilla and beat until smooth. In a separate bowl mix together the cream cheese, egg, sugar and flour. Cream cheese in a tub is often moister than brick-style cream cheese, which can turn the cream cheese filling into a runny mess. Finally, feel free to add more or less spices to this pumpkin bread.
Twisted Pumpkin Cream cheese Bread step by step
- Lay down a sheet of wax paper, cover with powered sugar. Roll dough sheet out (make sure not to tear, repair with fingers). Stretch to a rectangle..
- Spread cream cheese on dough sheet, leave 1/4 inch from edge..
- Sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice, more or less spice depending on your tastes..
- Roll dough sheet..
- Cut dough sheet in half..
- Twist dough sheets together..
- Place on cookie sheet. Sprinkle cinnamon lightly on top..
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until golden brown..
I like my pumpkin breads to be well flavored, but I know not everyone likes as much cinnamon as I do. In a large bowl, add the egg, brown sugar, vegetable oil, sour cream, cinnamon and whisk to combine. The sweetened cream cheese filling places this moist, spiced pumpkin bread above other fall pumpkin recipes. The recipe makes two loaves, one for now and one to freeze for later. This different and flavorful bread will become a family favorite you'll make every season.