Tuna Casserole. This Tuna Broccoli Roll Up Casserole is a great alternative to the common tuna casserole. It's colorful and the flavors blend together to make a yummy complete meal. It's one of my husbands favorite recipes.
In this tuna casserole recipe from Martha Stewart, we cut the sauce with chicken broth, but there's still enough milk to make this tuna casserole feel indulgent. Tuna Casserole is a classic comfort food topped with crushed potato chips. Made with canned tuna and egg noodles, this tuna casserole is always a family favorite. You can have Tuna Casserole using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tuna Casserole
- Prepare 1 cup of Dry macaroni noodles.
- Prepare 1 can of Drained tuna.
- It’s 1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup.
- It’s 2 cup of Shredded cheddar cheese.
Photography Credit: Elise Bauer Family Favorite Tuna Casserole Cook egg noodles to al dente in boiling salted water; drain well. Sprinkle reserved cheese over the top. Tuna casseroles are easy on the budget and always comforting. Feel free to change things up with different pasta shapes, a combination of cheeses, or alternative toppings.
Tuna Casserole instructions
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Rinse in cold water..
- Put noodles into 1.5 qt dish..
- Stir in drained tuna, soup, and cheese (leave enough to sprinkle on top)..
- Sprinkle leftover cheese on top..
- Cover. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes..
Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Stir the bread crumbs and butter in a small bowl. Tuna is a great source of lean protein, but plain old tuna salad gets boring time after time. It's also not always the right option when the weather is cold and blustery. Mixing tuna with noodles and cheese gives this dish a rich, indulgent feel without all the unappealing aspects from other tuna casserole recipes.