Butter Cookies 🧈🍪. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture. This is a simple butter cookie that can be used in a cookie press, as a drop cookie or made into a roll and sliced.
It had to be buttery, a little crumbly (like shortbread), and not too sweet. I think these are the Worlds Best Butter Cookie, courtesy of Chef Alice Medrich. There's no leavening, so the texture is closer to a shortbread cookie. You can have Butter Cookies 🧈🍪 using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Butter Cookies 🧈🍪
- You need 120 g of Golden Churn Unsalted Butter (软膏状）.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- It’s 35 g of coconut palm sugar.
- You need 1 g of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolk.
- You need 130 g of cake flour / low protein flour.
The dough is like my spritz cookies, but with a little milk to make it pipe-able. Make sure it's properly softened to room temperature before beginning. My inspiration for these cookies came from this recipe by Melissa Clark in the New York Times. I was initially puzzled by the title, Cultured Butter Cookies, and discovered in the entertaining comment thread that I wasn't alone.
Butter Cookies 🧈🍪 instructions
- Mixer on Speed 1 for the entire process.
- Mix in butter & salt | medium speed till colour is slightly lighten (do not over mix).
- Mix in sugar by 2 batches (拌匀就可以了）.
- Use a spatula to clean the side.
- Mix in egg yolk & vanilla essence.
- Mix, clean the side, mix again. (看不见蛋黄）.
- Using cutting motion lightly mix in flour by 2 batches (do not over mix).
- Put mixture into pipping bag & pipe out (挤出曲奇的时候要挤高一点，纹路比较明显）.
- 150° 25mins (must look after it time to time).
- Tips 💡.
Among the hundreds of rave reviews, there were many people who were unfamiliar with what exactly 'cultured butter' was. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt. In a medium bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter and sugar until light. Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Beat together butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer at medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, So, so, so good.