Albacore Tuna Casserole. Meal Ideas You'll Love To Serve From Classico's Dinner Recipes. Tuna Casserole is one thing my mom NEVER made. The only time I remember having Tuna Casserole as a kid was once when my mom was out of town and my oldest sister made it for dinner.
It's firm has a mild flavor and low aroma. Coat a casserole dish with cooking spray. Place cooked pasta in the casserole dish and add tuna, soup, soy milk and peas, celery seed, mix well. You can have Albacore Tuna Casserole using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Albacore Tuna Casserole
- It’s 12 oz of wide egg noodles.
- Prepare 14 oz of Albacore Tuna – 2 cans.
- You need 21 oz of Cream of Mushroom Soup – 2 cans.
- You need 1/2 cup of Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Grated Chedder Cheese.
- You need 1 cup of French Fried Onions.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garlic Powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Olive Oil.
Remove from microwave, let stand for a few minutes. A superfood without the super high cost. It will comfort you in a casserole, turn the table up on a taco Tuesday, and make you a real wrap god. We'd call it the skipjack of all trades, if it wasn't albacore.
Albacore Tuna Casserole instructions
- Add 3 quarts water and olive oil to 6 quart pot. Bring water to a boil. Add noodles and boil 6 minutes. No salt!.
- While noodles cook, pour cans of soup and Albacore into large mixing bowl and stir with a fork adding one soup can of water until it is smooth like gravy..
- When noodles are done, drain them and rinse them with hot water..
- Return cooked noodles to pan and add soup and tuna while stirring..
- Pour tuna and noodle mixture into 9"×13" baking pan. Sprinkle with pepper, garlic powder and spread both cheeses. Add french fried onions evenly over the top of noodle mixture..
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake in pre-heated 350 ○ oven for 30 minutes..
- Remove foil after baking for 30 minutes and increase oven temperature to 400 for 10 more minutes to brown onions and seal cheeses..
- Cut into large squares and serve while hot..
Dig into our recipes for more. You can prepare this casserole in advance. But when baking the next day, add extra time because the whole casserole is cold. For the tuna, we found a big flavor and texture difference by using the solid white chunk albacore tuna vs the chunk light style tunas. Feel free to use more or less tuna depending on your personal taste preference.