Tuna Casserole. This Tuna Broccoli Roll Up Casserole is a great alternative to the common tuna casserole. It's colorful and the flavors blend together to make a yummy complete meal. It's one of my husbands favorite recipes.
I loved tuna casserole as a kid and found myself craving it as an adult. However, the massive amounts of fat and salt in the traditional recipe were a turnoff healthwise, and it just didn't taste as good as I remembered. I reconfigured the recipe to include more vegetables and the result was delicious. You can have Tuna Casserole using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tuna Casserole
- Prepare 1 of 26oz can cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 of 12oz can drained tuna.
- You need 1 lb of of egg noodles.
- It’s 15 oz of can drained peas.
- You need 1/2 cup of parmesan, more or less.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of minced onion, I used dry.
- You need 1 of Salt and pepper and garlic powder to taste.
- You need 1 of Bread crumbs.
Feel free to change things up with different pasta shapes, a combination of cheeses, or alternative toppings. Cook egg noodles to al dente in boiling salted water; drain well. Tuna casseroles are a cinch and make for a cheap dinner recipe. Our great tuna casserole variations include fresh and frozen vegetables, noodles, gooey cheeses, and toppers like potato chips.
Tuna Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix soup, sour cream, half the parm, the minced onions, the drained tuna, the drained peas, the salt and pepper and the garlic powder..
- Bring salted water to a boil and add noodles. Cook til slightly limp, about 3 minutes..
- Reserve a 1/2 cup of the pasta water and drain noodles. Add to soup mixture and stir til combined. Pour into greased casserole dish, 9×13..
- In a small bowl mix the bread crumbs, I used panko, the rest of the parm and about a good tablespoon of oil, I used olive oil but u can use whatever u have on hand. Sprinkle over casserole..
- Bake til hot and bubbly and browned on top, about 30 minutes..
You're sure to find a tuna casserole recipe you'll love! Heat oil and butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until butter melts. Serve tuna casserole with steamed veggies or fresh greens on the side. For extra cheese flavor, use cheese-flavored potato chips for the topping. Use sharp or mild shredded Cheddar cheese in this recipe, or a Cheddar cheese blend for flavor variation.