Tuna noodle casserole. Simple ingredients, great flavors to please everybody and an unforgettable taste. Explore one of our recipes to try tonight! Families are sure to love the creamy texture and comforting taste of this traditional tuna casserole that goes together in a jiffy.
Add the noodles, peas, tuna and pimientos; mix well. The flavor seems to come primarily from fat and salt. To reduce the fat and sodium content, use low fat, low sodium soup. You can have Tuna noodle casserole using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tuna noodle casserole
- Prepare 2 can of 4.5 oz tuna, in oil drained.
- You need 1 can of 10.5 oz cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 1 can of Sweet peas (more or less).
- You need 8 oz of egg noodles.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded cheese, I used casserole blend..
- Prepare 1 envelope of Ritz crackers more or less..
- It’s 1 of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
Mix the cream of chicken, mayonnaise and milk together in a large bowl. Add the diced celery and onion. Fold in the tuna, followed by the cooked egg noodles and shredded cheddar cheese. Tuna casserole, the quintessential American dish.
Tuna noodle casserole step by step
- Pre-heat the over to 350.
- Boil the egg noodles as directed, and drain..
- Mix the tuna, cream of mushroom soup, and peas together adding the noodles at the end.
- Add cheese to the top then cover woth Ritz Cracker crumbs.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes covered, then 20 minutes uncovered or until brown..
Made with canned tuna, mushrooms, peas and noodles in a creamy sauce (and no canned soup) finished with toasted breadcrumbs – so good! This Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole is a comforting and reliable classic dish perfect for a busy weeknight and budget friendly! This tuna noodle casserole is leaps and bounds tastier than any old memories you have of tuna casserole. Rather than a canned "cream of soup" we make a really simple white sauce from scratch with just flour, butter, chicken broth and milk. Peas, celery and onion are sautéed to give the tuna casserole a boost of flavor as well.