Brad's chicken katsu. Chicken katsu (Japanese chicken schnitzel or chicken cutlet) is usually served with the sweet and savory tonkatsu sauce, finely shredded cabbage and cucumbers. You can eat it either with steamed. Johnson, Orange County Register/SCNG) Hako is a Japanese tonkatsu, udon and soba restaurant in Irvine. (Photo by.
Our take on the Japanese favorite. House-made Japanese pickles, Katsu Sauce, Karashi Mayo and cabbage. Hatched in Baltimore, BRD serves creative fried chicken sandwiches and wings made with the finest ingredients possible. You can cook Brad's chicken katsu using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's chicken katsu
- You need of For the tonkatsu sauce.
- Prepare of ketchup.
- It’s of low sodium soy sauce.
- You need of brown sugar.
- Prepare of mirin.
- Prepare of worchestershire sauce.
- It’s of ground ginger.
- You need of ground mustard.
- It’s of minced garlic.
- You need of For the chicken.
- You need of chicken breast, sliced into 1/2 " strips.
- It’s of Prepared tempura batter.
We strive to provide old school hospitality and chicken you won't forget. Johnson says the new Bird & Barrel in downtown Santa Ana has fewer seats than a clown car, so you might have to wait outside until something opens up.. Serve garlic bread for a comforting starter or side. Whether plain or cheesy, it's a great accompaniment for lasagne, chilli con carne, salad, soups and more.
Brad's chicken katsu instructions
- Slice chicken and put on a plate. Sprinkle with kosher salt and set aside..
- Mix all of the ingredients for the sauce. Mix well and refrigerate until use..
- Mix tempura batter. If you choose to use a boxed tempura follow recipe on box. Or make your own by mixing 1 cup rice flour w/ 2/3 cup ice water..
- Heat deep fryer to 360 degrees..
- Dip chicken in batter to coat well. Let excess drip off. Hold end of strip in hot oil for a few seconds then slowly lower into oil. This should keep the batter from sticking to the frying basket. Fry about 8 strips at a time. Fry for about 4 minutes. Drain on paper towels..
- Serve chicken with the sauce on the side. Enjoy..
Lots of delicious traditional Hawaiian mix plates like Teri chicken, hamburger steak, but I wanted to try the mochiko chicken. Perfectly cooked and crispy mochi crust on the outside of the chicken. So good or ono as we say in Hawaii! My husband had the Kalbi aka Short Rib plate and daughter had the chicken katsu, she ate before I could take a. I came with a friend and decided to get one chicken katsu sando and one tonkatsu sando.