My Favorite Tuna Noodle Casserole. I love to serve this dressed-up version of a tuna casserole. The green beans add nice texture, color and flavor. Mix bread crumbs with melted butter in bowl and sprinkle over tuna mixture.
I love Tuna Casserole, but I do admit to being very picky about it. I have searched far and wide for a recipe that I liked, and by-jove, I think I've got it. I do admit that one of my favorite tuna casseroles is "Stouffers Tuna Casserole". You can cook My Favorite Tuna Noodle Casserole using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Favorite Tuna Noodle Casserole
- It’s 4 oz of egg noodles.
- Prepare 1 can of tuna in water.
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1/4 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped celery and onion (mixed).
- You need 1 clove of garlic chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of shredded Muenster cheese.
- Prepare 1/3 packages of Ritz crackers.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1 dash of of salt and pepper to taste, I added a dash of celery salt too.
I just love the flavor, but I admit, I have not been able to recreate it (dang preservatives). But this one is pretty good. It's not fat free, but it is. Prepare macaroni according to package directions; drain, rinse, and drain again.
My Favorite Tuna Noodle Casserole instructions
- Boil water and cook noodles as directed, drain about 2 minutes before they're finished cooking. They'll cook the rest of the way in the oven. No one wants soggy noodles.. :).
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- In a small skillet, melt butter, add onion, celery and garlic. Cook about 7 minutes..
- Once noodles are done, in a greased casserole dish add all ingredients and mix well. Make sure your tuna is drained. Leave Ritz crackers and a handful of cheese out of the mixture, once all mixed, top with rest of the cheese and crushed crackers..
- Cook at 375 for 30 minutes..
- While you're waiting for it to cook… have a few shots of vodka like I did 😉 Cheers, friends!.
Tuna noodle casserole is one of our favorite comfort dishes in our home. Growing up I remember going to my grandma's house and she would always make this tuna casserole recipe or a version of hamburger casserole. I would always get so excited when I knew we were having tuna noodle casserole because it was always my favorite. Prep Noodles – First, boil the noodles until they are al dente and then drain them.; Mix Ingredients – In a large bowl, combine the noodles with the chopped onion, shredded cheddar cheese, peas, cream of mushroom soup and tuna. I also topped the casserole with a delicious crunchy topping made with Panko bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, smoked paprika (<- quickly becoming my favorite pantry staple), fresh parsley, and, of course, a little butter for flavor and browning.