Crispy chicken strips. In a shallow bowl, combine the potato flakes and bread crumbs. Place egg substitute in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg substitute, then in potato mixture.
Truly crispy fried chicken tenders are a dinnertime staple you're whole family will love. Get all my tips for making that crispy crust you crave, seasoning like a pro (and shortcuts if you don't know how), and fry them up like "cast iron skillet" is your middle name. In a second shallow bowl, whisk egg and buttermilk. You can cook Crispy chicken strips using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crispy chicken strips
- You need 2 of chicken breasts.
- It’s of Flour.
- It’s of Oil.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- It’s of Corn flakes.
- You need of Salt /spice of your choice.
Dip a few pieces of chicken at a time in buttermilk mixture, then in flour mixture; toss to coat. Continue coating chicken strips until they are all ready to cook. When the oil is sufficiently heated, begin cooking the strips a few at a time. Cook them for about a minute and a half or so on each side.
Crispy chicken strips step by step
- Cut chicken breasts into strips. Coat them in flour and set aside..
- Beat eggs in a bowl, crush corn flakes in another bowl and season them with salt or spices of your choice..
- Heat oil in a deep pan. Coat chicken strips in eggs, then in corn flakes. Fry in hot oil. Remove from oil once golden..
- Serve with a dip sauce of your choice..
When golden and crispy, remove them to a paper towel-lined plate. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce. The honey mustard dipping sauce can be stirred together during that time to make this a fast and weeknight friendly meal. How to Keep Chicken Tenders Crispy after Frying. A lot of people find it difficult to keep the chicken tenders crispy after frying.