Tuna Putanesca Faux Lasagna. Puttanesca is a classic southern Italian pasta sauce made with tomatoes, capers and olives. Here, it lends a ton of flavor to a hearty but not heavy eggplant lasagna layered with ricotta and mozzarella. Celebrate special occassions with this tuna puttanesca recipe made with Mega Tuna Flakes in Oil variant!
Sprinkle top with cheeses & bread crumbs. My husband is on Adkins Diet and he said that it sure tastes a lot like mac and cheese which is one of his favorite sides. Get Tuna Puttanesca Recipe from Food Network. You can cook Tuna Putanesca Faux Lasagna using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tuna Putanesca Faux Lasagna
- You need 1 can of tuna in water.
- It’s 1 of jar tomato sauce of choice.
- Prepare 1 of small onion finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of capres chopped.
- It’s 4 tbsp of kalamata olives chopped.
- You need 3 of medium size zucchinis thinly sliced.
- Prepare of grated parmesan cheese.
- It’s of grated mozzarella cheese.
- You need of bread crumbs.
- Prepare of hot sauce.
Repeat the noodle and tuna layering three more times, topping with the remaining flour mixture. Sprinkle the pepper evenly on top of the casserole. Puttanesca sauce is traditionally served with spaghetti, and is a southern Italian dish made with typical ingredients like toamtoes, olive oil, anchovies, olives, capers and garlic. Once cooked, drain the penne in a colander and carefully stir the pasta through the tomato sauce.
Tuna Putanesca Faux Lasagna instructions
- Mix all ingredients except cheeses, bread crumbs & hot sauce.
- Cover the bottom of a lasagna plate with a little bit of sauce mix.
- Layer some zucchini slices.
- Add some of sauce mix on top and repeat step 3 & 4.
- Sprinkle top with cheeses & bread crumbs.
- Cook uncover aprox. 1 hour in preheated oven at 400º.
- Broil couple of minutes till top is crispy & brown.
- Remove from oven and let sit 15 minutes before serving.
Turkey & Courgette Lasagna (Keto/Low Carb) Keto friendly lasagna using lean turkey mince & replacing pasta with courgette strips. One of my favourites to cook. I substitute fresh onion & garlic to use powdered instead. Combine tomatoes, onions, capers, olives, anchovies, garlic and parsley in a medium bowl. Heat the oil in a non-stick pan over a medium-low heat.