Pumpkin Banana Muffins (or Bread). Stir in the egg and vanilla. In another bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, bananas, buttermilk, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
Fill the prepared muffin tins three-quarters of the way full and bake until the muffins are browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about. These Pumpkin Spice Banana Bread Muffins are so moist and perfectly fall spiced from the bread to the crumb topping, they are a must make for fall! It's the perfect quick bread to make this fall when you find yourself with some brown bananas. You can have Pumpkin Banana Muffins (or Bread) using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Banana Muffins (or Bread)
- You need 3/4 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 3/4 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of pumpkin pie spice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of baking powder.
- You need 4 tbsp. of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- It’s 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of honey.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs, at room temperature.
- You need 2 tbsp. of Greek yogurt (or sour cream) at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of mashed banana (about 2 large spotty ones).
- It’s 1 cup of pumpkin puree.
- It’s 1/2 cup of mix ins of choice -chocolate chips, pecans, walnuts, etc.
I love to mix sour cream into the batter to create an extra moist and soft texture. It makes the perfect breakfast, afternoon. Pumpkin Banana Muffins are easy to make and are a healthy option for breakfast or snacks. They can be made gluten-free by replacing regular flour with almond flour and healthier by adding oatmeal.
Pumpkin Banana Muffins (or Bread) step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. If making muffins, grease a 12 count muffin tin or line with parchment liners. If making bread, grease a loaf pan and place a piece of parchment paper into the pan, letting it overhang over the sides to easily lift out the finished loaf..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together both flours, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder until well combined. Set this aside..
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat the butter until it is smooth and creamy, then beat in the sugar until they are combined and fluffy. Beat in the honey, eggs, yogurt (or sour cream) and vanilla extract. When that is combined, mix in the mashed banana and pumpkin puree..
- Switch to a rubber spatula and add your dry ingredients to the wet. Mix with the spatula just until combined. Then fold in the mix in you are using. Do not overmix..
- If making muffins, fill up the muffin tins with batter. Bake for 25-28 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let them cool for 10 or so minutes in the pan before transfering them to a wire rack to cool completely..
- If making bread, pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50-60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Place the bread pan onto a wire rack and allow the loaf to cool completely..
- No matter what you decide to make, store them in the fridge for 4-5 days or you can freeze for later and enjoy!.
If you are a chocolate lover, add some chocolate chips in the batter for an added treat. Pumpkin Muffins have all the wonderful fall flavors of pumpkin bread made into an easy on-the-go breakfast with cinnamon, nutmeg, applesauce and banana. Healthy Pumpkin Muffins are an excellent Breakfast, sweet snack, or dessert. If you liked Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal Muffins, this is another moist and warm muffin recipe you'll love! Whisk flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder, and spices together.