Tuna Noodle Casserole. Simple ingredients, great flavors to please everybody and an unforgettable taste. Explore one of our recipes to try tonight! Families are sure to love the creamy texture and comforting taste of this traditional tuna casserole that goes together in a jiffy.
Add the noodles, peas, tuna and pimientos; mix well. The flavor seems to come primarily from fat and salt. To reduce the fat and sodium content, use low fat, low sodium soup. You can cook Tuna Noodle Casserole using 5 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tuna Noodle Casserole
- It’s 1/2 of of a 340g. Pkg. extra broad egg noodles ( 1.5 cups approx.).
- It’s of I can of cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1 can of tuna fish.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 4-5 of Kraft cheese slices or you can use shredded cheese.
Mix the cream of chicken, mayonnaise and milk together in a large bowl. Add the diced celery and onion. Fold in the tuna, followed by the cooked egg noodles and shredded cheddar cheese. Tuna casserole, the quintessential American dish.
Tuna Noodle Casserole instructions
- Boil noodles in a large pot for about 9 minutes. Meanwhile, grease a casserole dish with butter or margarine. Once noodles are cooked and drained, add the mushroom soup, milk, and tuna to the noodles either in a mixing bowl or you can combine in the casserole dish..
- Place the cheese slices or shredded cheese on top..
- Bake in a 350F oven for 20 minutes..
Made with canned tuna, mushrooms, peas and noodles in a creamy sauce (and no canned soup) finished with toasted breadcrumbs – so good! This Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole is a comforting and reliable classic dish perfect for a busy weeknight and budget friendly! This tuna noodle casserole is leaps and bounds tastier than any old memories you have of tuna casserole. Rather than a canned "cream of soup" we make a really simple white sauce from scratch with just flour, butter, chicken broth and milk. Peas, celery and onion are sautéed to give the tuna casserole a boost of flavor as well.