My Fried Chicken Livers. Chicken livers are coated with garlic-flavored flour, and deep fried to a golden, crispy brown for an old-time Southern treat. Mix flour, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cayenne and cumin in a shallow bowl. Dredge chicken liver in flour until totally covered.
Fried Chicken Liver is made by dredging each piece of liver in flour, then frying it in a pan with some oil. The onions are sauteed separately and are used to top the liver. Your Southern Fried Chicken Livers remind me of my Dad, oh my he would have wanted that whole plate of Livers. You can have My Fried Chicken Livers using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of My Fried Chicken Livers
- Prepare 1 pint of container of chicken livers.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1/4 cup of Frank's Red Hot Sauce (optional).
- You need 2 tbsp of Dijon mustard.
- You need 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cornmeal.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of oregano.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare of Grapeseed oil or other for frying.
- Prepare of Lemon wedges.
- Prepare of Old Bay seasoning.
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday, have a great weekend and come back soon! Fried chicken livers are super healthy and tasty, so don't be a scaredy cat. The key to cooking the best chicken liver recipe is to clean and trim the livers well, removing all the veiny parts, then season the chicken livers with gusto, and don't overcook them! Hickory Nuts We have big hickory trees around our property.
My Fried Chicken Livers instructions
- Rinse livers in cold water and pat dry with paper towels before trimming them of visible sinew, fat, and areas of green discoloration but otherwise try keep the pieces as big as possible..
- Beat the egg with a fork until uniform then add hot sauce and mustard. Gently drop the livers in the egg wash and toss to coat. Let them marinate for up to 10 minutes while you prepare the breading..
- Mix flour, cornmeal, and the remaining spices in a shallow pan or plate so you can spread the mixture out. Lay the livers on the seasoned flour and let them sit on one side for at least 2 minutes so the coating bonds well to the egg. Gently turn them over and repeat on the other side..
- Heat half an inch of oil in a cast-iron or carbon steel pan. Fry the livers until dark golden brown before flipping, which takes about 2 or 3 minutes depending on the size of the piece. If the liver releases a lot of juice while frying on the first side, sprinkle a pinch of the dredging flour on the top to absorb the moisture and prevent splattering. Flip the livers and continue to cook until they are uniformly brown, another minute to 2 minutes..
- Drain on paper towels and dust generously with Old Bay (optional). Serve with raw red onions, lemon wedges, ranch dressing or cocktail sauce and or hot sauce..
The nuts are falling and hitting the tin roof. We love Kentucky fried chicken livers. We like them with gravy or honey mustard sauce. Recipe Author: Judy at The Southern Lady Cooks Get the recipe. I had the milk, flour, and spices on hand.