Savory Tuna Casserole. Stir in Knorr® Pasta Sides™ – Butter flavor and peas and carrots. Drain tuna and add to casserole. Whisk together flour and milk, add to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly.
If you like this dish, you can also try our other recipes like Spaghetti Salad , Chicken Enchilada Pasta , and White Pizza Casserole. Evenly top with remaining cheddar cheese, then sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Creamy sauce and brothy egg noodles combine with tuna, mushrooms, peas and pepper for a delicious pasta casserole. You can cook Savory Tuna Casserole using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Savory Tuna Casserole
- It’s 6 oz of packet or can of White Albacore Tuna in water.
- You need 8 oz of wide egg noodles.
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Prepare 2 cups of sharp cheddar, shredded (separated).
- You need 1/4 cup of frozen peas and carrots.
- You need 1/8 cup of onion, diced.
- It’s 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 6-7 of Ritz crackers, crushed.
- Prepare of Salt and Pepper (to taste).
A Parmesan and breadcrumb topping finishes it off to crispy perfections. This recipe will help you make a delicious tuna noodle casserole from scratch that is just to die for! This was a request from Ms. How to Make Tuna Noodle Casserole.
Savory Tuna Casserole step by step
- Boil pasta according to package instructions. Drain and rinse..
- Combine tuna, noodles, onion, garlic, peas and carrots, soup, and 1 cup cheddar. Spoon into a small-medium casserole dish..
- Crush Ritz crackers and mix with remaining cheddar and spread over top of casserole..
- Bake uncovered at 425° for 20 mins. Enjoy!!.
Drain Noodles: Drain the noodles and return drained noodles back to the pot; set aside. Try Tuna Ring Casserole, a totally retro-inspired recipe. Think Beef Wellington, then translate that into tuna. There's even a savory cream sauce to pour over. Similarly, this Tuna Zucchini Casserole recipe is meant to mimic Tuna Noodle Casserole, but without the carb-load of pasta, replacing it with healthier vegetables.