Tuna Casserole Batch 7. I loved tuna casserole as a kid and found myself craving it as an adult. However, the massive amounts of fat and salt in the traditional recipe were a turnoff healthwise, and it just didn't taste as good as I remembered. I reconfigured the recipe to include more vegetables and the result was delicious.
Place the casserole in a dry food storage area C. Divide the casserole into smaller portions and place in the walk in cooler This is not the classic, cream-of-something soup tuna casserole you may be familiar with. Several steps were eliminated, and an essential potato chip topping was added, which may put it squarely into tuna casserole territory. You can have Tuna Casserole Batch 7 using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Tuna Casserole Batch 7
- Prepare 8 ounces of potato chips.
- You need 20 ounces of canned tuna.
- It’s 1 cup of thinly sliced carrots.
- You need 1 cup of English peas.
- Prepare 8 ounces of cooked corkscrew/Cavatappi pasta.
- You need 2 cups of crushed butter crackers like Ritz.
- You need As needed of water to boil.
- It’s To taste of salt.
- You need 1 tablespoon of salt to boil in water.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
Tuna Casserole is right up there with meatloaf and scalloped potatoes when it comes to comfort food. It's been a family favorite for generations! Flaky tuna is tossed with egg noodles, peas, celery, and mushroom soup. We top this with a buttery breadcrumb topping and bake it until it's bubbly.
Tuna Casserole Batch 7 instructions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Crush the crackers and set aside. In a bowl crush the chips..
- Boil the water, add the carrots and pasta in the boiling water, with salt, and olive oil. Cook pasta as instructed on package with the carrots. If the carrots aren't done it's ok the still cook in the oven..
- When pasta is finished boiling. Retain 1 cup of pasta water you may need it in a bit. Mix the tuna, drained pasta and carrots, soup, peas, and mix with the crushed chips in the bowl. If too dry add a bit of pasta water..
- Add mixture to a hot cast iron skillet. Sprinkle with crushed crackers on top. Bake in the oven 17-25 minutes..
- Serve I hope you enjoy!!!.
Tuna casserole, the quintessential American dish. Made with canned tuna, mushrooms, peas and noodles in a creamy sauce (and no canned soup) finished with toasted breadcrumbs – so good! Tuna noodle is at heart an easy, thrifty casserole, with a base of tender egg noodles, savory gravy, sweet peas, and delicate flakes of tuna (bonus points if it has a crispy, cheesy top). This one doesn't require a can of condensed soup or an advanced culinary degree — it hits all the high points of the classic casserole while still being. I have never been a tuna casserole fan but when I saw the name of this one, I though I HAD to give it a try!