Pumpkin Bread with Cocoa. This bread is made with cocoa powder and chocolate chips so it is very chocolaty. You can taste the pumpkin, but it isn't that strong. The bread is more chocolate with a hint of pumpkin, which is kind of nice since most everything in the fall is ALL pumpkin.
Unlike other recipes, I chose to add cocoa and vanilla extract because the smell of the pumpkin puree was overpowering. The mix needed a balance, a more delightful smell and taste. vintage_vicki If you're a love it person (or even if you're a just kinda like it person), this chocolate marble pumpkin bread recipe is one that you won't want to pass up! It's a twist on my popular easy pumpkin bread recipe. You can cook Pumpkin Bread with Cocoa using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pumpkin Bread with Cocoa
- You need 1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of cocoa powder (unsweetened).
- It’s 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 cup of pumpkin puree.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegetable oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of whole milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of water.
- You need 2 of eggs (beaten).
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 20 of almonds (chopped).
- Prepare 1 of powdered sugar.
This recipe makes two loaves of moist pumpkin spice bread with a rich chocolate swirl throughout each loaf. How to Make Chocolate Pumpkin Bread. With a medium mixing bowl, whisk your ingredients together well with flour, cocoa, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt Pumpkin bread gets a chocolatey makeover in this healthy recipe that has cocoa powder in the batter and is studded with even more chocolate in the form of melty chips. This easy quick bread is so tasty, it could pass as a dessert.
Pumpkin Bread with Cocoa step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix together dry ingredients; flower, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt.
- In a separate bowl beat (lightly) wet ingredients together; pumpkin puree, oil, milk, water, eggs, vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mix with a spoon, and add in the chopped almonds (any nut of your choice).
- Pour mixture into a bread pan, 8" x 5.5".
- Bake for 60 minutes (toothpick test).
- Sift powdered sugar over the top, cut, and enjoy!!!.
We're going to be mixing things, and then dividing them so we can get that pretty. Whisk cocoa and milk into remaining batter and spoon into pan. Using a butter knife or small offset spatula, swirl the batter a few times, lifting pumpkin batter from the bottom. Then spoon reserved pumpkin batter over the top and swirl a few times more (see note). Pumpkin bread will keep at room temperature for two days.