Chicken and Rice Casserole. Chicken pieces and rice baked slowly in milk and cream of chicken soup. Stir chicken, water, rice, cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, and cream of mushroom soup together in the prepared casserole dish; season with salt and pepper. Arrange butter evenly over the top of the chicken mixture.
Cover and seal TIGHTLY with foil. Chicken pieces and rice baked slowly in milk and cream of chicken soup. Season the chicken pieces all over with salt and pepper. You can have Chicken and Rice Casserole using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Prepare 2 of chicken breasts cut into 8 pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 pound of cooked brown rice.
- You need 1 can of black beans rinsed.
- It’s 1 can of cream of chicken soup.
- You need 8 oz of sour cream.
- You need 8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese.
Add a little more olive oil if needed with every batch. The chicken does not have to be cooked through. Whisk the chicken broth and sour cream in a bowl, pour into the skillet and bring to a simmer. Place chicken thighs skin side up in rice mixture and brush with melted butter.
Chicken and Rice Casserole step by step
- Lay cut chicken in 9×13 casserole dish. Arrange about 2-3 inches apart just enough to "fill" the dish. Set aside..
- Mix together cooked brown rice, cream of chicken soup, rinsed black beans and sour cream in a medium size bowl..
- Cover chicken with rice mixture and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until bubbly and the chicken is done..
- Turn off oven and sprinkle with cheese and leave in oven for about 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Serve..
Sprinkle with thyme and garlic and season with salt and pepper. When you're looking for an ultra-comforting dinner, these chicken rice casserole recipes will definitely hit the spot. This is a casserole that meal packs a lot of flavor in a filling one dish dinner and a meal that everyone will love! Season the mixture with salt and pepper. Chicken casseroles are the classic comfort food.