Classic chocolate chip cookies. These chocolate chip cookies were very, very good. I have been trying chocolate chip cookie recipes forever to find the perfect cookie and this one is very close. They weren't too cake-like and they weren't thin and greasy, they were the perfect in-between cookie.
Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just combined (do not overmix). Mix in the chocolate chips and nuts (if. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar. You can have Classic chocolate chip cookies using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Classic chocolate chip cookies
- It’s 1 cup of softened butter.
- You need 1 cup of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of packed brown sugar.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 2 tsp of hot water.
- Prepare of ¹/² tsp salt.
- You need 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of semisweet chocolate chips.
This chocolate chip cookie dough has two secrets to success. The first is the addition of cornstarch, which holds in moisture to guarantee a soft-centred cookie. The second is to chill the cookies before baking – this ensures they all bake to the same size and. These Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies are the best at lasting through the day (or a couple days if you can make it 😉 without getting hard.
Classic chocolate chip cookies step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F..
- Cream together butter and white and brown sugar until smooth..
- Beat in one egg at a time then stir in vanilla..
- Dissolve baking soda in hot water and add to mixture with salt..
- Stir in flour and chocolate chips..
- Bake 10-15 minutes depending on cookie size..
They stay soft for days because the butter to flour ratio is so high. My secret for keeping them soft is freezing the dough so the outside gets a little crisp and gets all that flavor of the edges browning. We named this recipe "Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies," because it's got everything a cookie connoisseur could possibly ask for. With a texture that is slightly crispy on the outside and chewy on the inside, it's a favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe that's been top-rated by hundreds of satisfied home cooks. Learn how to make classic chocolate chip cookies and enjoy them still warm from the oven.