Beef-Rice-Cheese Casserole. A perfect, quick & easy weeknight meal, comfort food like this flavorful Cheesy Ground Beef And Rice Casserole is studded with kid friendly veggies and a creamy cheesy topping, making it a dinner kids will love and the answer to many a busy parent's prayers. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil. This classic kid-friendly casserole recipe is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
When meat starts to brown, stir in the onions and continue to cook until onions are tender, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and drain off any. This recipe can be made with Cream of Celery, Cream of Chicken, Cream of Broccoli, Cheddar Cheese, and Broccoli Cheese. You can have Beef-Rice-Cheese Casserole using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Beef-Rice-Cheese Casserole
- It’s 1 cup of long grain rice.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of oil.
- You need 1 pound of lean ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of chili powder.
- You need 2 cups of water.
- You need 1 1/4 cups of tomato juice.
- It’s 3 of beef bouillon cubes.
- It’s 8 ounces of grated cheddar cheese.
If you prefer to make the soup from scratch, try my homemade Cream of Chicken Recipe!; Make-Ahead Beef and Rice Casserole. Brown the ground beef before adding to the casserole to ensure that it gets thoroughly done and has good flavor. If you add the ground beef to the casserole uncooked, it will likely still be pink. Plus, you won't be able to remove the excess oil.
Beef-Rice-Cheese Casserole instructions
- In medium skillet, brown rice in oil. Remove from skillet..
- In same skillet, brown beef with onions and chili powder. Stir in rice. Turn into 11 x 7 baking dish..
- In medium saucepan, combine water, tomato juice and bouillon. Cook, stirring until bouillon dissolves. Pour over meat mixture. Cover and bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees or until rice is tender..
- Remove cover, top with cheese and bake 5 minutes longer..
You don't want the casserole to be swimming in oil. Cheesy Ground Beef and Rice Casserole. A long time ago (and seriously, check out the picture and you'll laugh your heart out at how little I knew about food photography), I posted a recipe called Busy Day Casserole. In a large saucepan, saute rice and garlic in butter until golden brown. Stir in water, carrots, bouillon, parsley, salt, basil and onion.