Hot Dog & Bacon Fried Rice. A hot dog (also spelled hotdog) is a grilled or steamed food where a sausage is served in the slit of a partially sliced bun. It can also refer to the sausage itself. The sausage used is the wiener (Vienna sausage) or frankfurter (Frankfurter Würstchen, also just called frank).
The first hot dog of summer is a sacred, precious thing, one of life's simplest and most fleeting pleasures. It's best consumed in a backyard, right off the grill. The majority of volunteers described this hot dog as very salty without much else going on in the flavor department. You can have Hot Dog & Bacon Fried Rice using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hot Dog & Bacon Fried Rice
- It’s 6 strips of bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, minced.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1-2 Tablespoons of butter.
- You need 4 of hot dogs cut into 1/4-inch thick pieces.
- It’s 6 cups of cooked rice.
- Prepare 4 of green onions, chopped (whites included).
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of soy sauce to start.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of ketchup to start.
Find 'em grilled, bunless, in casserole, too. We've even found ways to love the leftovers. With David Naughton, Patrick Houser, Tracy Smith, John Patrick Reger. Harkin Banks heads to skiing championships in California.
Hot Dog & Bacon Fried Rice step by step
- Preheat large nonstick pan or wok to medium high and render bacon until the fat becomes translucent..
- Add onion and garlic and saute until onions become translucent..
- Add butter and let it melt..
- Add hot dogs and saute for a minute or two to let the hot dogs warm through..
- Add soy sauce and ketchup and stir to incorporate..
- Add rice, mix in thoroughly and let it warm through for 2 to 3 minutes, folding occasionally..
- Add chopped green onions, fold in, and also adjust for saltiness. If you'd like to add a touch more soy sauce, you can do that, or just add some salt a little bit at a time. Continue cooking for another 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- That's it. Enjoy!.
A teen runaway tags along as he parties and competes with friends and foes. Our panel unanimously agreed that Nathan's Famous combined all of the best qualities into a winning hot dog. It tasted flavorful—seasoned but not salty—and had a gentle snap with every bite. A hot dog is a hot dog right? With the exception of a few, it was pretty difficult for us to taste the difference between a lot of the franks.