Apple Rice Casserole. This delicious side dish is a real change of pace. The rice soaks up the juice from the apples and becomes plump and sweet. Leftovers can be used for breakfast, hot or cold, served with a dollop of yogurt.
It's also pretty easy to make as well, using your favorite rice mix and frozen veggies for the base. While rice and veggies are a great start for any meal, the real treat is the. The apple and rice casserole is a perfect way to get my family to eat healthy without even knowing it! You can have Apple Rice Casserole using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Apple Rice Casserole
- You need 500 gr of Round rice.
- Prepare 500 gr of Milk.
- Prepare 3 of Eggs.
- You need of Raisins 4 tb.s.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare of Vanilla sugar 2 tb.s.
- You need 100 gr of Butter.
- It’s of Lemon zest 1 tb.s.
- You need of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 3 of Apples.
- Prepare of Strawberry jam.
- Prepare of Brandy 1 t.s.
- Prepare of Salt.
I love that it is easy to make and also easy on the wallet, a perfect go to! Get one of our Apple, sausage wild rice casserole recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. The amazing taste of these dishes is truly captivat. We enjoy it with a green salad on a cold fall day.
Apple Rice Casserole instructions
- Rinse raisins with hot water. Let them dry. Add 1 t.s. brandy and mix. Rinse rise with cold water. Add to the port with milk and boil at low heat about 15 minutes. Let cool down in the port. Preheat oven to 220 C. Whisk the egg yolks with the sugar, vanilla sugar, lemon zest and butter until smooth. Mix with rice and raisins. In a separate bowl, using a clean whisk, beat the egg whites. Gently mix egg whites foam with rice and eggs yolks mixture..
- Grease backing dish with butter and pour rice mixture flatten the top. Apples cut on halves and cut the cores with tea spoon. Place apples over the rice mixture and slighly press to drown. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Bake about 30-35 minutes. After ready add a teaspon of strawberry jam to the core of each apple half..
- Video with cooking is here https://youtu.be/WOtYoSpYGlI?sub_confirmation=1.
It would be a nice potluck dish, too—just double the recipe if needed. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown sausage in frying pan and pour off grease. Add chopped onion, garlic, celery, and green pepper to sausage and simmer until tender. Layers of rice, chicken breast, a creamy soup and salsa mixture and two kinds of cheese add up to a simply yummy salsa casserole!