Chili Chicken Rice Casserole. Rao's will take your Chicken Cacciatore to the next level with our Roasted Garlic Sauce. We make our sauces slowly so you can make delicious meals fast. Grab a recipe and try now!
All you do is cook the chicken, shred it, Mix everything up, throw it in a dish and into the oven, and then forget about it for a while. Ingredients for Green Chile Chicken and Rice Casserole. Boneless skinless chicken breast – to save on prep, you can use a rotisserie chicken instead. You can cook Chili Chicken Rice Casserole using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chili Chicken Rice Casserole
- It’s 2 cups of cooked rice.
- Prepare 2 of boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces.
- It’s 2-3 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 tsp of Chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Garlic powder.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of Rotel Chili Fixings.
- You need 1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup.
- Prepare 1 of small can Cream Style Corn.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dried cilantro.
- Prepare 6-9 slices of pepper jack cheese.
- You need 1-1 1/2 cups of fried onions.
Chicken thighs are totally okay too. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and chili powder, followed by the onion, green chiles, and enchilada sauce. In a medium bowl, mix the rice, chicken stock, sour cream, green chiles, garlic powder, cumin, chicken, salt and pepper until well combined. Pour the chicken and green chili mixture into the prepared dishes, divided evenly.
Chili Chicken Rice Casserole instructions
- Cut up chicken into pieces and toss with all the spices..
- Add oil to pan and heat on medium high heat. Add chicken and brown on all sides. While on medium high add in the Rotel to help deglaze the pan tossing all together..
- Add in the cream of chicken soup and cream style corn. Stir to combine..
- Add in the cilantro and stir to combine..
- Add in the shredded cheese. Stir to combine..
- Add in the cooked rice, stir to combine..
- Add to casserole dish and layer top with jalapeño pepper jack cheese. Preheat oven to 350..
- Top with the fried onions. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until bubbly..
- Enjoy! Chili cheesy crunch flavor!.
Sprinkle shredded cheese and green onion over each dish, divided evenly. Spread remaining soup mixture over cheese. Note: If you prepare dish a day ahead, cover with nonstick foil and refrigerate. Combine onion with shredded chicken, chili powder, garlic powder, black pepper, seasoned salt, red pepper flakes, and cumin. Spread in the bottom of the prepared baking pan and top with remaining Cheddar.