Chicken soup. Soup so good we couldn't hide it in a can. Bring high-quality ingredients and flavors to your pantry. Your basic chicken soup recipe found in most general cook books.
Discover recipes for soothing chicken soup, like Ina's version with hearty matzo balls. These recipes are perfect for chilly evenings. In a large saucepan, bring broth and onion to a boil. You can cook Chicken soup using 11 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken soup
- Prepare of Chicken breasts.
- Prepare of Bouillon cubes or Chicken stock.
- Prepare of Carrots.
- It’s of Celery.
- It’s of Onions.
- It’s of Creole seasoning.
- You need of Bay leave.
- It’s of Basil.
- Prepare of Thyme.
- It’s of Salt.
- It’s of Peper.
Remove chicken from pot, and let stand until cool enough to handle. Skim fat from surface of soup, if desired, and discard. Remove and discard parsley stems and bouquet garni. The keys to this amazing chicken matzo ball soup are slow-cooking it and using boxed matzo ball mix.
Chicken soup step by step
- Rinse /chop veggies.
- Defrosted chicken. Season with creole seasoning, thyme, basil, salt, pepper, cook until NO pink. (350° about 30 min).
- While chicken is cooking add your veggies to crock pot..
- Turn crockpot on High. Add 2 cup of water to your crock pot with 2-3 bouillon cubes. Shake in seasoning. A little at a time..
- Shred cooked chicken. I did mixer method and worked really good..
- Add cooked chicken to crockpot. Cook for few hours best flavor. Taste broth to see if you need to add any more seasonings..
- Remove bay leaves before eating..
Some people swear by seltzer, but I find it's not necessary—the mix makes perfect, fluffy matzo balls every time due to its baking powder. Put the bones and carcass from a leftover chicken (they can be in pieces) in a large pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, reduce to a simmer and cook. Place all ingredients but the pepper into a pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.