Prawn Fried Rice. Add the garlic and ginger and fry for a further minute. This is a simple, traditional Chinese Fried Rice recipe by Kylie Kwong, Australia's most well known Chinese Chef. The key to an authentic tasting fried rice like you get at proper Chinese restaurants is the Sauce, using day old or cold fresh cooked rice and ensuring you don't overcrowd the wok, causing the rice to stew instead of stir fry!
Heat the rice to pack instructions. See more Chinese recipes Return the prawns to the wok with the cooked rice and snow peas and toss together in the sauce. Continue stir-frying until the rice and prawns are hot. You can have Prawn Fried Rice using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Prawn Fried Rice
- You need of Overnight cooked rice.
- You need of eggs.
- It’s of Chopped spring onions.
- It’s of Prawns.
- Prepare of Carrots (julienned, optional).
- You need of Shimeiji mushrooms (optional).
- It’s of Chopped long beans (optional).
- You need of Salt.
- You need of Oil.
- It’s of Pickled green chilli (Sides) (see recipe).
Carefully stir through the sliced omelette. This shrimp fried rice recipe was very simple to follow, a breeze to make, and makes a very flavorful dish! The recipe's simple nature allows the cook the flexibility of adding other ingredients if they so desire. In my batch of rice, I added peas, extra bean sprouts, and cooked the eggs prior to adding them to the rice.
Prawn Fried Rice instructions
- Cook the rice and keep it in the fridge overnight to dry..
- Add oil to wok and cook pre-cook prawns. Set aside..
- Add more oil in the same wok and fry the unbeaten egg whites first before frying the yolks..
- Add overnight rice, prawns, carrots, mushrooms and salt. Fry till slightly dry and aromatic. Tossing it every now and then. Turn up fire and quickly turn off to give it the wok hei taste. Add spring onions and give it a toss! Best served with pickled green chilli..
Shrimp fried rice is one of the most popular Chinese recipes in my cookbook "Easy Chinese Recipes" (best-selling Chinese cookbook on Amazon) and I am now sharing an updated version with feedback from my readers in the past few years. This is a quick and easy shrimp fried rice recipe that my kids all love! Make sure to use leftover, day old rice when making fried rice. Set aside to sit for ten minutes at room. Indo Chinese Prawn And Chicken Fried Rice is a delicious one dish meal, brimming with fantastic Asian flavours.