Rice and Chicken Casserole. Combine the rice, mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and milk. Stir chicken, water, rice, cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, and cream of mushroom soup together in the prepared casserole dish; season with salt and pepper. Arrange butter evenly over the top of the chicken mixture.
Chicken pieces and rice baked slowly in milk and cream of chicken soup. This is a casserole that meal packs a lot of flavor in a filling one dish dinner and a meal that everyone will love! Remove the chicken and add the soup, water, onion powder and rice to the skillet. You can have Rice and Chicken Casserole using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rice and Chicken Casserole
- You need 1 pound of carrots.
- You need 1 pound of frozen broccoli.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cup of long grain rice.
- Prepare 1 of rib celery.
- Prepare 1 of large onion diced.
- It’s 3 quarts of water.
- It’s 3 cups of instant rice.
- It’s 3 pounds of chicken thighs skin on and bone in.
- You need 1-1/2 tablespoons of kosher salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare of Toppings——————.
- You need 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- You need 1/2 stick of butter.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
Heat to a boil then reduce the heat to low. Stir in the vegetables and top with the chicken. Chicken Casserole with rice and veggies – easy to prepare. Great to use with leftover chicken.
Rice and Chicken Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and slice the carrots. Dice the celery, add to the chicken and water and boil, add in the salt and pepper. After 15 minutes add the minced garlic and broccoli..
- Remove the chicken and take the skins off. I save mine to fry crispy latter for other recipes. Take and remove the meat off the bones. Chop the big pieces of chicken and return to pot. Add the long grain rice and boil for 15 minutes..
- Add instant rice to the bottom of the oven safe dish for the casserole..
- Mix the butter breadcrumbs and granulated garlic powder..
- Pour the chicken and liquids with the vegetables over the instant rice. Sir just a bit, to get the air bubbles out and the instant rice to rehydrate. Spread the breadcrumbs mix over the top of casserole..
- Put into the oven for an hour..
- Let rest 15 minutes and serve I hope you enjoy!!.
My family says it has a flavor similar to chicken pot pie. When you're looking for an ultra-comforting dinner, these chicken rice casserole recipes will definitely hit the spot. A great use for leftover chicken or turkey. Uses no Cream of Whatever soup. Melt the butter in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.