Chicken and rice casserole, aka leftovers. A great use for leftover chicken or turkey. Uses no Cream of Whatever soup. Great recipe for Chicken and rice casserole, aka leftovers.
In a large bowl, combine soups, mayonnaise, lemon juice and salt. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and over with foil. This recipe is also great for using up leftover rice and chicken and can be assembled ahead of time. You can cook Chicken and rice casserole, aka leftovers using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken and rice casserole, aka leftovers
- You need 4 cups of packed leftover cold cooked rice.
- It’s 3 cups of leftover cold cooked chicken.
- It’s 1 of large can (22.6 oz) cream of mushroom soup.
- It’s 1 can (15.25 oz) of whole kernel corn, drained.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1/4 of Parmesan cheese.
- It’s of Pepper, garlic and onion powders.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare of Grated cheese of choice for top.
Pop it in the oven when you get home! Pop it in the oven when you get home! You can bake your own biscuits, like I do, or buy them at the store. This is a casserole that meal packs a lot of flavor in a filling one dish dinner and a meal that everyone will love!
Chicken and rice casserole, aka leftovers step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spray or butter a medium sized casserole dish..
- In a large bow, combine the first 8 ingredients well. Pour into greased casserole and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes..
- After 45 minutes pull it out of the oven, crank the temp to 400, and remove foil. Add your grated cheese to the top and return to the oven uncovered for 15 minutes longer. Allow it to sit for a bit to thicken. I serve it with salad and garlic bread..
Chicken and rice casserole, aka leftovers. I have issues with leftovers that look the same lol I prefer them to morph into something else. I do this a lot with my leftovers. This had rice so I didn't really need a crust. HOW TO FREEZE CHICKEN AND RICE.