Pumpkin bread with crumble topping. Our classic pumpkin bread is pretty perfect. And we feel quite confident that the only way to improve it is with a butter crumb topping. Flour, butter, light brown sugar, cinnamon.
Before tasting Aunt Ellen's recipe, I'd always eaten pumpkin bread plain, with a schmear of maple butter or cream cheese. Tips & Tricks to making this Easy Pumpkin Bread with a Crumb Cake Topping (aka a brown sugar streusel topping): This is an extremely moist pumpkin bread recipe due to the amount of pumpkin, water and oil in the recipe. To make the crumb topping, combine flour, sugars, pumpkin pie spice and butter; set aside. You can cook Pumpkin bread with crumble topping using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pumpkin bread with crumble topping
- It’s 1 (15 ounce) of can pumpkin puree.
- You need 4 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 cups of white sugar.
- It’s 3 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s of Crumbling topping.
- You need 4 tablespoons of softened butter.
- It’s 3/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sugar.
In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a large glass measuring cup or another bowl, whisk together pumpkin, coconut oil, butter, apple sauce, egg and vanilla. Pumpkin Nut Bread with Crumble Topping — Super soft, tender, moist pumpkin bread with a pecan crumble topping!! The mini loaves are EASY, brimming will fall flavors, totally IRRESISTIBLE, and perfect for entertaining or gift-giving!!
Pumpkin bread with crumble topping step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 6 mini loaf pans and set aside. If using regular sized pans use 2..
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour batter equally into the prepared pans. In a small mixing bowl, fork together topping ingredients. Sprinkle topping on each loaf..
- Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean. Let rest for a few minutes before slicing and gobbling up..
- I found this recipe online. I doubled the recipe because it said it would only have enough for 6 small pans. I got 4 big loafs and 8 mini loafs. The baking times do vary so pay attention to your bread. Keep checking it. I pulled the minis out at 40 minutes in. My one set of 2 loafs came out at 50 minute mark. The 2nd set 55 minute mark..
- So just keep an eye on your oven and the time. My dad doesnt like really sweet breads. He loved it. He said you can really taste the pumpkin and the seasonings. We tried it with butter and then with cream cheese lightly spread on this bread. It was really good even plain. Enjoy..
To make a pumpkin bread, follow the recipe above. To make your streusel toppings, in a mixing bowl, stir the flour, honey, cinnamon, and nuts. Then, add the cold butter and crumble it into the remaining dry ingredients. Drizzle the streusel on the pumpkin bread batter, before you toss it in the oven. Pumpkin Crumble Bread – Soft moist pumpkin cinnamon bread topped with delicious crumbly topping made with brown sugar.