Sausage and Rice casserole. Browse Products & Get Recipes Ideas That Are Quick & Easy. How do you make Sausage and Rice Casserole? You start by browning your sausage.
Add rice, soup, broth, and stir. Top casserole with almonds and bake! Brown sausage in frying pan and pour off grease. You can cook Sausage and Rice casserole using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sausage and Rice casserole
- It’s 1 lb. of Roll of sausage (any flavor you like. Hot is mine.).
- Prepare 3 stalks of celery, chopped.
- It’s 1 of onion, diced.
- It’s 1/2 t. of Crushed red chilies.
- It’s of I can cream of celery soup, undiluted (can use any flavor).
- You need 1 3/4 c. of Chicken stock (one can).
- Prepare 1 c. of Uncooked white rice.
Add chopped onion, garlic, celery, and green pepper to sausage and simmer until tender. In bowl combine rice and soups and then add cooked ingredients. A simple casserole recipe made with uncooked white rice and sausage perfect for supper, side dishes, potlucks and Thanksgiving (sometimes called Rice Dressing or Rice Stuffing). Anybody that's been here a while knows about my love affair with rice.
Sausage and Rice casserole step by step
- Begin browning off your sausage. When it is about half cooked, throw in your diced onion and celery pieces. Continue Browning, stirring often, until veggies are softened and meat is cooked..
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan. Stir well. Cover very tightly. If you have no lid, use foil. Put in a 350 degree oven for one hour..
- Let sit, still covered, for 15 minutes. Then uncover, stir, and enjoy!.
The pepper portion of this sausage and rice casserole. Dried basil and red pepper flakes are give Italian flavor and a touch of heat. To keep things healthy, I used brown rice, which is higher in fiber and minerals than white rice. Prepare rice mixes according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, celery and carrots over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.