Prosciutto & Rockmelon. Prosciutto (/ p r ə ˈ ʃ uː t oʊ, p r oʊ ˈ-/ prə-SHOO-toh, proh-, Italian: [proʃˈʃutto]) is an Italian dry-cured ham that is usually thinly sliced and served uncooked; this style is called prosciutto crudo in Italian (or simply crudo) and is distinguished from cooked ham, prosciutto cotto. A number of regions have their own variations of prosciutto, each with degrees of protected. Prosciutto-wrapped asparagus, roasted in the oven until crisp, is such an easy way to make your asparagus extra special.
Michael Carlson's prosciutto consomme with melon balls is a clever riff on the classic prosciutto-and-melon combination. What makes it astonishing is the crystal-clear flavor of the delicate. Other Prosciutti: There is American prosciutto, Jamón from Spain (Serrano or Iberico) as well as other Italian prosciutti, such as prosciutto di San Daniele and prosciutto Toscano. You can cook Prosciutto & Rockmelon using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Prosciutto & Rockmelon
- You need of Rockmelon / Cantaloupe,.
- It’s of Prosciutto / Parma Ham,.
- It’s of Balsamic Vinegar,.
- It’s of Arugula / Lettuce,.
- You need of Carrot Shredded, A Small Handful.
- You need of Sea Salt,.
- Prepare of Black Pepper,.
Prosciutto is the Italian word for ham. In the United States, the word prosciutto is used to describe an uncooked, dry-cured ham, which is called prosciutto crudo in Italian whereas baked ham is referred to as prosciutto cotto. Prosciutto is a fatty cut of meat that, when sliced thinly, has a sweet meaty flavor with a pleasant edge of saltiness, and a buttery texture that melts in the mouth. Add prosciutto and a layer of sweet, piquant tomato jam to balance out the creamy cheddar.
Prosciutto & Rockmelon instructions
- Heat griddle over medium heat. Once the griddle is heated up, place in the rockmelon and 2 slices of prosciutti. Grill, until charred on both sides or until the prosciutti, are crispy. *For more flavors, I would like to lay the prosciutti over the rockmelon while it is grilling.* Remove from heat..
- Thinly slice the grilled prosciutto and set aside. In the same griddle, place in the remaining prosciutti. Grill until slightly browned but not crispy. Remove from heat and set aside..
- Deglaze the griddle with balsamic vinegar. Cook and reduce slightly. Remove from heat and set aside. Toss crispy prosciutto slices, arugula, carrot, salt & pepper on a serving plate..
- Lay the grilled rockmelon over the top. Cover the rockmelon with the 2 whole prosciutti. Drizzle reduced balsamic vinegar over the top. Serve immediately..
Produced According To The Italian Recipe; Aged In A Village Where The Climate and Environmental Conditions Perfectly Replicate A Typical Prosciutto and Cured Meat Producing Environment In Italy Prosciutto and Gorgonzola Crostini John Lawton. Prosciutto is very different from either bacon or pancetta, but we think it gets confusing because the words prosciutto and pancetta can sound similar to our non-Italian ears! Prosciutto is made from the hind leg of a pig (ie, the ham), and outside Italy, calling it prosciutto indicates a ham that has been cured. Find Prosciutto ideas, recipes & cooking techniques for all levels from Bon Appétit, where food and culture meet. Prosciutto definition is – dry-cured salted Italian ham usually sliced thin.