Broccoli, Ground Turkey and Rice Casserole. Brown rice will take longer to cook and may require more liquid. Short grain yields a creamier rice, so long grain is recommended. Give quick-cooking rice a try if you want to speed it up even more!
We have been trying to eat healthier so this would be a perfect dish for us. I haven't used ground turkey in a dish for a while so this will be something new. Freeze option: Sprinkle cheese and French-fried onions over unbaked casserole. You can have Broccoli, Ground Turkey and Rice Casserole using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Broccoli, Ground Turkey and Rice Casserole
- You need 1 lb of cooked ground Turkey with 1/2 onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 bag of frozen broccoli (microwaved 3 minutes).
- Prepare 2 cups of cooked rice (I used white jasmine microwaved in bag).
- Prepare 1 can of cream of chicken.
- It’s 1 can of cream of broccoli.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- You need 1 box of stove top.
This comforting casserole features perfectly cooked rice, tender broccoli and juicy turkey in a creamy cheesy sauce all topped off with a buttery cheesy topping. After that I added one can cream of chicken soup to a small mixing bowl along with half the can filled with chicken broth and the other half filled with heavy cream. Brown ground turkey with chopped onion in a large skillet,stirring to separate. When turkey is browned, add all other ingredients except rice and cheese.
Broccoli, Ground Turkey and Rice Casserole step by step
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix turkey, rice, brocolli, cream of mushroom, cream of chicken and cheese in 9 x 9 baking dish..
- Place dish in oven for 20 minutes.
- Prepare stove top per box instructions.
- Remove dish and add stove top to top of dish. Bake and additional 5-7 minutes..
- Remove and let cool slightly and serve..
Mix well and bring to a boil, then add rice. Add soup, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce and hot pepper sauce; mix well. Reduce heat to low; cover and keep mixture warm until ready to use. This Creamy Turkey Rice Casserole is real food meets comfort food. Made from scratch without MSG, prepackaged sauces, or cream of anything soups, this dish is quick and easy and uses up that pesky leftover Turkey and maybe even some vegetables if you still have them laying around.