Sausage and Rice Casserole. Browse Products & Get Recipes Ideas That Are Quick & Easy. How do you make Sausage and Rice Casserole? You start by browning your sausage.
Add rice, soup, broth, and stir. Top casserole with almonds and bake! Brown sausage in frying pan and pour off grease. You can cook Sausage and Rice Casserole using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sausage and Rice Casserole
- It’s 1 lb of ground sausage.
- You need 1 cup of uncooked rice.
- Prepare 2-3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1 can of cream of mushroom.
- You need 1 can of or 8 oz. fresh mushrooms.
Add chopped onion, garlic, celery, and green pepper to sausage and simmer until tender. In bowl combine rice and soups and then add cooked ingredients. A simple casserole recipe made with uncooked white rice and sausage perfect for supper, side dishes, potlucks and Thanksgiving (sometimes called Rice Dressing or Rice Stuffing). Anybody that's been here a while knows about my love affair with rice.
Sausage and Rice Casserole instructions
- Cook rice per directions.
- Brown sausage with mushrooms.
- Mix ½ of cheese and cream of mushroom over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Mix cooked sausage with soup.
- Stir in cooked rice.
- Pour into casserole dish and cover with remaining cheese.
- Cook @350 for 20 minutes.
The pepper portion of this sausage and rice casserole. Dried basil and red pepper flakes are give Italian flavor and a touch of heat. To keep things healthy, I used brown rice, which is higher in fiber and minerals than white rice. Prepare rice mixes according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, celery and carrots over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.