Lee's Chicken, Broccoli, Rice, Cheese Casserole. This is a delicious twist to broccoli, rice, and cheese casserole, and is VERY easy to make. You can also cut this in half. You can also leave out the onion.
I tend to make it more in the cooler months but I recently started baking it in my smoker- instead of our oven- and have found I prefer doing it that way because it keeps the house from heating up in the summer time! Tips for making the best Chicken Broccoli and Rice Casserole: As with any rice dish, the liquid will be soaked up by the rice. Make sure you have enough milk added in the beginning to make a soupy, milky casserole before stirring in the cheese, broccoli and chicken. You can cook Lee's Chicken, Broccoli, Rice, Cheese Casserole using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Lee's Chicken, Broccoli, Rice, Cheese Casserole
- You need of Preheated 350 Degree Oven.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- It’s 2 Tablespoons of Butter.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion Medium Dice.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Broccoli Florets.
- Prepare 2 Cloves of Minced Garlic.
- You need 2 Cups of Shredded Chicken.
- You need 10 Ounces of Chicken Broth.
- Prepare 1 Can of Cream of Chicken Soup.
- You need 1 Cup of Precooked Cooked White Rice.
- It’s 1/4 Cup of Mayonnaise.
- You need 1 of Small Can Rotel Tomatoes "drained".
- You need to Taste of Salt & Pepper.
- You need 1 of &1/4 Cup Shredded Cheese "Your Choice".
- You need 1/2 Cup of French Fried Onion Pieces.
Brown the chicken pieces and add the garlic. Add the rice to the olive oil and sauté for a few minutes. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.. Place cooked broccoli on bottom of large oblong. rice and then chicken.
Lee's Chicken, Broccoli, Rice, Cheese Casserole instructions
- Melt olive and butter together over medium high heat, in a large deep skillet. Add onion and broccoli florets. Saute until broccoli reaches your desired tenderness. Around 10-15 minutes. Add in minced garlic at the very last minute..
- Next add shredded chicken, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup, precooked rice, mayonnaise, rotel tomatoes, and shredded cheese. Turn heat down to medium and cook just until the cheese melts, and the mixture all comes together. Add salt and pepper to taste..
- Pour mixture into a 8 x 11 glass dish. Top with crumbled french fried onions. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown and bubbly. Let cool for 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy!.
Heat Cheez Whiz and. mixed thoroughly. I could eat this one at least once a week! Okay, I'm going to admit something to all of you and I'm probably going to get a lot of weird looks. In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add cheese and mix till melted.